Posted January 9, 2018 8:30 am by Comments

By Chris Eger

A federal judge in Las Vegas on Monday dismissed the case against rancher Cliven Bundy, his two sons, and a fourth man who took part in the 2014 confrontation with the government.
U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro closed out the latest chapter in the so-called “Battle of Bunkerville” by dismissing the charges with prejudice against Cliven, Ammon and Ryan Bundy, as well as Ryan Payne.
Navorro, who declared a mistrial in the case last month, said federal prosecutors engaged in a “deliberate attempt to mislead and distort the truth” through neglecting to turn over evidence that could have helped the defendants in their defense.
“What says that the federal government is supposed to have an army that comes against ‘We the People’? When did that ever happen in America?” said Bundy, 71, soon after he was released. “It happened on Bundy Ranch. They stuck their guns down our throats — and that is definitely not what our Founding Fathers intended to happen in America.”
The trial has its roots going back to 1993 when the U.S. Bureau of Land Management sought to limit the senior Bundy’s access to public land near Bunkerville, Nevada for his cattle — citing the need to protect the endangered

Source: Guns.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *