Posted February 23, 2017 4:55 pm by Comments

By BearingArms.com Staff

800

CANNON BALL, N.D. (AP) — The Latest on the closing of a protest encampment near the Dakota Access pipeline construction site in North Dakota (all times local):

2:40 p.m.

Authorities have declared a Dakota Access pipeline protest camp in North Dakota officially after going through the camp and arresting the last remaining holdouts.

Nearly three dozen people were arrested in Thursday’s operation. It took about 3½ hours. Officers methodically checked buildings and arrested anyone they encountered, including a man who climbed atop a building and stayed there for more than an hour before surrendering.

As officers worked, cleanup crews began razing buildings on the square-mile piece of property on federal land.

Most protesters left peacefully Wednesday when authorities closed the camp in advance of spring flooding, but some remained overnight in defiance of orders to leave.

Authorities gave them a last chance to leave Thursday before entering the camp. No one took up the offer.

___

1:45 p.m.

North Dakota officials have shut down a transition center for people who had been staying in the now-closed Dakota Access pipeline protest camp.

State Emergency Services spokeswoman Cecily Fong says the center was shut down due to lack of use. An adviser to Gov. Doug Burgum says only nine people used the …Read the Rest

Source:: Bearing Arms

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *