The Clearwater Police Department in western Florida is set to being a 30-day body camera pilot program.
The agency waited until Senate Bill 248, which exempts certain videos from public record for at least 90 days, was passed by the Legislature. Clearwater police will hold them longer if they’re part of an active investigation.
If it becomes permanent, the Clearwater Police Department would be Pinellas County’s largest law enforcement agency to use the cameras.
To read more on the story, please visit WTSP.com.
- RELATED: DC Police Await Ruling on Body Camera Use
- RELATED: Rochester City Budget Approves $2 Million For Body Cameras
- RELATED: Baker Police Add Split Screen Body Cameras
- RELATED: 10 Body Camera Facts Every Law Enforcement Agency Should Consider
- RELATED: 10 Reasons Cops Should Use Body-Worn Cameras
The post Clearwater Police Testing Taser Body Cameras appeared first on Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun News and Gun Reviews.
Source:: Tactical Life