Aero Precision Rifle Successfully Tested to NIJ Standard
By Staff Writer
An Aero Precision rifle has successfully completed a series of rigorous testing procedures required to meet National Institute of Justice (NIJ) standards for law enforcement. Following that process, the rifle was evaluated with a 10,000-round endurance test.
The weapon experienced zero malfunctions during the 10,040 round NIJ assessment, even in extreme conditions that fall outside normal use.
Evaluation to NIJ Standard
The evaluation process was conducted by a West Coast law enforcement agency and included the following phases:
• Initial 60-round test fire sequence
• 12 hour Freezer period with subsequent 30-round test fire
• 12 hour Oven period (120° Fahrenheit) with subsequent 30-round test fire
• Water submersion with subsequent 30-round test fire
• Sand submersion with subsequent 30-round test fire
• Six (6) position drop test with five (5) rounds fired after each drop.1
• Initial zero with optic and iron sights2
• Final zero conducted with 3-round zeroing shots near the end of the endurance test with an