SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA — As a Presidential election looms in November, Californians are gearing up to face 18 proposals which will alter the very fabric of the state. Amongst these 18 proposals is Prop 63, proposed by Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom who wants to run for Governor of California in 2018.
According to the Washington Times, here’s how Newsom frames his proposition.
“Enough massacres, death, tears, and hate – it’s time to take action and save lives,” Mr. Newsom said in the Sacramento Bee. “The Safety for All initiative gives California voters the opportunity to keep guns and ammo out of the hands of violent, dangerous, hateful people.”
That statement means nothing. However, Newsom has some creative ways he thinks Prop 63 will make it harder for criminals to have access to firearms and ammunition. Before we go into those, here’s some definitions for us to remember:
- Newsom defines “large-capacity ammunition magazines” as magazines holding more than 10 rounds.
- Background checks are required to purchase ammunition.
- Ammunition sales can only be done through licensed vendors.
- Ammunition purchases have to be reported to the Justice Department.
- In the event a firearm is lost or stolen, it must be reported.
If you’re in possession of these “large capacity” magazines, Newsom …Read the Rest
Source:: Concealed Nation