Yamaha Supports Riding Clubs and Organizations Using OHVs to Enjoy the Outdoors
Kennesaw, GA -(AmmoLand.com)- Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, today announced the second quarter 2015 GRANT (Guaranteeing Responsible Access to our Nation’s Trails) recipients from the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative.
Nearly $60,000 was contributed this quarter to eight projects supporting the program’s industry-leading dedication to safe, responsible riding and open sustainable access to land, trails and riding areas for OHV users.
“Riding clubs, public land agencies and conservation organizations continue to reach out to the Outdoor Access Initiative for support in expanding, maintaining and protecting access to OHV riding opportunities,” said Mike Martinez, Yamaha’s ATV/SxS group Vice President. “The scope of projects this quarter include clearly marking trails through up-to-date signage, trail maintenance, and installation of drainage systems and directional signage to create sustainable and legal access to OHV trail riding.”
The following organizations received consideration in this funding cycle of the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative:
- Alvwood Squaw Lake ATV Club – Blackduck, Minnesota
- Cowlitz Basin ORV Club – Randal, Washington
- Fort Riley Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (DFMWR) – Fort Riley, Kansas
- Indian Valley Creek ATV Club – White, Pennsylvania
- Jones Creek Trail Riders Association – Camas, …read more