By Jenn Jacques
As Wisconsin Republicans work to pass legislation broadening concealed carry permit holders’ right to carry, state Democrats propose a bill which takes a huge swipe at all gun owner’s rights.
Rep. Lisa Subeck, D-Madison, and three other Assembly Democrats plan to unleash the bill in the coming weeks which would essentially ban any possession or transfer of semi-automatic rifles and pistols in the state.
“Our nation has watched as community after community has had to confront the tragedies that occur when weapons designed to kill large numbers of people quickly get into the hands of a dangerous person,” Subeck said in a statement. “No Wisconsin community should ever have to face such a tragedy at the hands of someone armed with a semi-automatic assault weapon.” (more about Wisconsin communities in a bit)
The proposed bill specifically defines “assault weapon” for the purpose of the ban as:
- (a) “Assault weapon” means any of the following:
- 13 1. A semi-automatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine
- 14 and that has any of the following:
- 15 a. A pistol grip that protrudes beneath the action of the weapon.
- 16 b. A folding, telescoping, or thumbhole stock.
- 17 …Read the Rest
Source:: Bearing Arms