Texas Lawmaker Seeks To Remove State’s Ban On ‘Brass Knuckles’
By Tom Knighton
I’m not going to lie, I have little use for Democrats. I understand there are some who say they’re pro-gun, and a lot of them actually are. I’m distrustful of those in office, but the rank-and-file pro-gun Democrat? I think they’re sincere, at least to some degree.
That said, I have to give credit where credit is due. In Texas, a Democrat has proposed a bill to remove “brass knuckles” from the state’s list of banned weapons.
Texas law currently bans a number of weapons. Representative Joe Moody proposes to remove “brass” knuckles from the list of banned weapons in section 46.05 (a). Here is the list of banned weapons. From texas.gov:
(1) any of the following items, unless the item is registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record maintained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or otherwise not subject to that registration requirement or unless the item is classified as a curio or relic by the United States Department of Justice:
(A) an explosive weapon;
(B) a machine gun; or
(C) a short-barrel firearm;
(3) armor-piercing ammunition;
(4) a chemical dispensing device;
(5) a zip gun;
(6) a tire deflation device; [or]
(7) a firearm silencer, unless the firearm silencer …Read the Rest
Source:: Bearing Arms