South Dakota State Parks Host Hikes, Events on National Trails Day
PIERRE, S.D. -(Ammoland.com)- Parks across the state are celebrating National Trails Day this weekend. Hikes, activities and programs are being held in parks to recognize the state’s trails.
Friday, June 2 – Sunday, June 4
- Ft. Sisseton Historical Festival, Fort Sisseton Historical State Park, Lake City. 4 p.m. CT. Info: 607.448.5474
Saturday, June 3
- National Trails Day Hike, Oakwood Lakes State Park, Bruce. 10 a.m. CT. Info:605.627.5441
- National Trails Day Hike: Little Devil’s Tower Trail, Custer State Park, Custer. 1 p.m. MT. Info: 605.255.4515
- National Trails Day Hike: Prairie Trail, Custer State Park, Custer. 9 a.m. MT. Info:605.255.4515
- National Trails Day Hike: Badger Clark Trail, Custer State Park, Custer. 4 p.m. MT Info: 605.255.4464
- Archery for Beginners, North Point Recreation Area, Pickstown. 10 a.m. CT. Info: 605.487.7046
- Archery, Lewis and Clark Recreation Area, Yankton. 2 p.m. CT. Info: 605.668.2985
- Wolves Prairie Trail Hike, Richmond Lake Recreation Area, Aberdeen. 6 p.m. CT. Info: 605.626.3488
For more information on activities in South Dakota State Parks, visit their website, contact the individual park office or call 605.773.3391.