New Mexico -(Ammoland.com)- The Department of Game and Fish Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) program is conducting free, hands-on, All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) safety classes around the state this fall.
The Saturday classes are four hours long. Space is limited to six students and preregistration is required. No walk-ins will be accepted. A parent or guardian must be in attendance.
State law requires ATV riders under age 18 to carry a safety permit proving completion of an approved OHV safety course. Upon successful completion of the department’s hands-on training course students will receive the required safety permit.
- Sept. 19 — Rio Arriba County Fairgrounds north of Española.
- Oct. 3 — Los Lunas River Park in Los Lunas.
- Oct. 17 — Hackberry Lake OHV Area east of Carlsbad.
- Nov. 7 — Glade Run OHV Area north of Farmington.
- Nov. 14 — Del Norte Gun Club northwest of Rio Rancho.
During registration students can reserve a department ATV and safety equipment for training. Students can use their own mechanically-sound ATV as long as …read more