Savage Arms‘ popular Axis rifle platform recently got a significant upgrade. Moreover, changes include not only improvements to the overall look, but also the rife’s performance, according to Savage.
The All-New Savage Arms Model 64 Takedown .22 LR Is a Nice Truck Gun
The Savage Axis enjoys a solid reputation for delivering a lot of features in an entry-level package. Now the company says the rifle delivers a fresh look to go along with improved ergonomics. Also, Savage claims the rifle adds features that enhance accuracy, including thread-in headspacing, button rifling and a floating bolt head.
The Axis comes in several different configurations and calibers, including popular hunting calibers, full-size models, compact versions and left-hand actions.
Savage Arms Axis Features
- Rugged synthetic stock with new ergonomic design
- Sporter barrel contour
- Carbon steel barreled action with matte black finish
- Detachable box magazine
- Also available in left hand and compact models
- Weaver-style two-piece bases
- Recoil pad
The available model list below also includes the AXIS left-hand and compact stock options:
- 223 Rem., 22-inch barrel / $375
- 22-250 Rem., 22-inch barrel / $375
- 243 Win., 22-inch barrel / $375
- 25-06 Rem., 22-inch barrel / $375
- 6.5 Creedmoor, 22-inch barrel / $375
- 270 Win., 22-inch barrel / $375
- 7mm-08 Rem., 22-inch barrel / $375
- 308 Win., 22-inch barrel / …Read the Rest
Source:: Tactical Life