By Rob Morse
U.S.A. (Ammoland.com)- Florida formed a study committee after 17 students and teachers were killed and an additional 17 were injured at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in early 2018. I read some of the MSDHS safety commission report. It covered the obvious points. Unfortunately, I don’t see much good coming out of it. This was more than a school failure; it was a political failure. More of our children will be at risk and some will die because of problems in the Florida legislature. Sure, implement the suggestions in the report, but please don’t stop there.
The report told us to do the obvious. A school could have received nearly the same recommendations from almost any firearms instructor or security consultant.
- Have a safety plan. Study what worked for others and adapt it to your situation.
- Teach people what to do in case of an emergency.
- Report suspicious activity and act on those reports.
- Lock your doors.
- Select a safe place in which to shelter in case of an attack.
- Contact second responders like the police and EMTs.
- Have trained individuals on site to stop the threat and treat the injured until secondary responders arrive.
- Conduct frequent …Read the Rest