While the 26 dBA noise reduction rating might not seem impressive, keep in mind that a sound that is 3 dB louder doubles the acoustic energy making the muffs noticeably quieter than others I have used.
Here are the rest of the specs from the Peltor website:
- 26 dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology syncs with mobile devices
- 3M SMART Technologies
- Dynamic Suppression Time adapts to firearm and environment for optimized shooting experience
- Clear Voice Tracking seeks voice within noise for improved speech intelligibility
- Auto shut-off
- Intuitive buttons and voice guidance let you operate without removing headset
- Low-profile cups have cut-outs for use with long guns`
- Vented, adjustable headband improves comfort when worn with hats
- Durable recessed microphones designed to reduce wind and fan noise
I did find some uses for the Tac 500s off the range several times in instances that might be a bit … unorthodox.
Before we get to the unorthodox uses, let’s talk about the obvious ones like yard work. I used the Tac 500s a few times when mowing and weed eating my yard while listening to music and found that they worked great while cutting out some of the engine noise.
Is wearing …Read the Rest