Lincoln, NE -(AmmoLand.com)- The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission’s communications staff won seven awards at the Association of Conservation Information annual conference held July 11-14 in Lake Tahoe, Nev.
Game and Parks staff were recognized for its magazine articles, photography, publications, marketing efforts and website.
“We are passionate about our heritage and being good stewards of our resources,” said Nebraska Game and Parks Communications Director Christy Rasmussen. “An important part of our mission is giving Nebraskans the information and skills they need to participate in outdoor recreation in Nebraska, helping to continue our state’s great outdoor heritage.”
Award winners from Nebraska are:
- Magazine Destination, Historical or Cultural Article: first place, Riding the Rails: Nebraska’s Cowboy Trail, by Jenny Nguyen
- Education: first place, Trail Tales Magazine, communications and wildlife staff
- Photography: second place, Chat Canyon Sunrise, by Eric Fowler
- Magazine General Interest Article: second place, Leftover Dogs, by Eric Fowler
- Success on a Shoestring: second place, Nebraska International Migratory Bird Month, communications and wildlife staff
- One-time Publication: Book/Report: second place, Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP), communications and planning and programming staff
- Website: third place, OutdoorNebraska.org, communications staff
The Association for Conservation Information (ACI) is a non-profit organization …Read the Rest