Posted July 2, 2018 7:30 am by Comments

By Christen Smith

Jarrod Ramos, 38, allegedly killed five inside the Capital Gazette newsroom in Annapolis, Maryland last week. (Photo: Anne Arundel Police Department)
Police in Maryland identified the alleged gunman in a deadly attack at the Capital Gazette last week.
The Anne Arundel Police Department took 38-year-old Jarrod Ramos, of Laurel, into custody minutes after he killed five people at the newspaper’s Annapolis office Thursday afternoon.
Acting Police William Krampf described the incident as a targeted attack during a press conference last week. “This person was prepared today to come in, this person was prepared to shoot people. His intent was to cause harm,” he said.
The Associated Press reports Ramos’s feud with the newspaper dates back more than six years. In 2012, he sued a columnist and an editor for defamation after the newspaper ran an article detailing his 2011 criminal harassment conviction against a former high school classmate.
A judge dismissed the case, but Ramos took matters into his own hands, threatening reporters by name via a Twitter account he created specifically to bash the newspaper.
Tom Marquardt, the newspaper’s former editor and publisher, told NPR Ramos’s behavior disturbed him enough to contact police in 2013.
“I was seriously concerned he would threaten us with physical violence,”

Source: Guns.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *