By Bob Owens
When it comes to Second Amendment concerns, we have several kinds of candidates remaining in the 2016 Presidential race.
- On the radical left, we have Hillary Clinton, who is running against the right to bear arms as a central focus of her campaign.
- Only slightly less radical is socialist Bernie Sanders, who still wants to gut your natural right to armed self-defense, but that’s a smaller part of his overall agenda.
- In the middle we have the lip-service pro-gun positions of brain surgeon Ben Carson and businessman Donald Trump. Both are currently talking a good Second Amendment game, but their pro-gun positions are new, contradict previous anti-gun positions they held recently, and neither candidate has an electoral track record proving their stance.
- Ohio Governor John Kasich has a mixed record, voting for the 1994 Clinton “assault weapon” ban, but has been strongly pro-gun since then.
- We also have candidates who aren’t avid shooters, but who have proven themselves to have solid Second Amendment track records. Governor Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio fall into that classification.
- We once had a number of candidates who were strongly pro-Second Amendment and are avid shooters, but now we’re down to one. Governors Rick Perry …Read the Rest
Source:: Bearing Arms