Judicial Watch Sues Pentagon for Records of Costs for Presidential and VIP Travel
Washington, DC –-(Ammoland.com)- Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Defense Department and the Secret Service (Department of Homeland Security) for records related to presidential, vice presidential, and additional VIP travel between December 2016 and March 2017.
The lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (No. 1:17-cv-00836)).
The suit was filed after the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Marine Corps failed to respond to FOIA requests filed in February and March 2017 seeking mission taskings, transportation costs, and passenger manifests for:
- Then-U.S. Supreme Court Nominee Neil Gorsuch, Denver to DC – January 2017;
- First Lady Melania Trump to Palm Beach, FL – February 3-6, 2017;
- First Lady Melania Trump to Palm Beach, FL – February 10-13, 2017;
- President Trump to Palm Beach, FL – February 17-21, 2017;
- First Lady Melania Trump to Palm Beach, FL – February 17-21, 2017;
- Vice President Mike Pence to Houston, TX – February 2017;
- First Lady Melania Trump to Palm …Read the Rest