By Jenn Jacques
On Monday, Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn once again blamed the Wisconsin Concealed Carry Permit Law for his city’s skyrocketing gun violence.
These are the following cases the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has listed for 2015 homicides committed with a firearm in which an arrest was made. Of the 125 gun homicides, police only made arrests in 49 cases – 44 of which meet the criteria for homicides.
Each one was investigated to see if they could have potentially been committed by WI concealed carry permit holders.
- 15 of the suspects arrested in these murders were under the minimum age requirement for a concealed carry permit in the State of Wisconsin
- 22 of the suspects were felons illegally in possession of a firearm
- 2 were ruled self-defense
- 2 were ruled justified self-defense
- 4 could possibly have been committed by a concealed carry permit holder
Here are my findings:
*Jan. 2, 2015 – Jeffrey White & Michael L. Taylor
Antwon Laurel Jones, 34, Bobbie White, 23, and his brother Jeffrey White, 24, attempted to rob Michael L. Taylor, 26, inside Taylor’s home on Jan. 2 in the 3100 block of N. Richards St.
Taylor and Jeffrey White both died and Jones was wounded during the robbery (investigators speculate they exchanged gunfire with Taylor).
Jones …Read the Rest
Source:: Bearing Arms