If We Talked About Cars the Way We Talk About Guns
By Rob Morse
By Rob Morse : Gun Rights News
Louisiana – -(Ammoland.com)- We’ve lived with guns for several centuries. Despite those years of cultural and personal familiarity, some people talk about guns as if they had been invented yesterday.
I’m going to try and shift the discussion about guns so we can hear this stale bigotry with fresh ears. More people die each year in car accidents than in gun accidents.
How do these anti-gun arguments sound to you when we substitute word for word?
- Cars are not the answer. Good people leave the driving to the the government.
- We’re not against car ownership. We simply want you to get proper training before you’re allowed to drive..and we don’t want any driving schools in your state.
- Only criminals and the police drive fast cars. Why do you need to go that fast? Are you some sort of escaped criminal?
- You know you’re more likely to have an accident if you have a car at home.
- Only the police and bus drivers have enough training to drive. That’s why you should leave the driving to them..or walk.
- Given how dangerous cars are, …Read the Rest