Frankford Arsenal Powder Measure Product Review
By Jim Clary
USA – -(
We used it to meter Hodgdon’s TiteGroup and Hodgdon’s H110 powders in loading over 2,000 rounds of .38 Spl and .357 Magnum rounds for testing in the new Henry Big Boy rifle. We checked every 20th charge on our RCBS digital Chargemaster and found no deviation from our settings. That is saying a lot, as our older powder measures (not Frankford) were commonly off plus/minus a tenth of a grain after a few dozen rounds. THAT was not a problem with this unit.
For the record: The reference marks do not represent powder charges in grains…. they are reference marks that allow you to adjust the meter tube for precise charges and record the setting for future use.
The specs for the Frankford powder measure are:
- 7/8-14 threads for mounting to a press
- 2 different mounting stands included (high clearance bench top or mount version)
- Quick disconnect to pour the unused powder back into factory cannister
- Once again: Works with ball, flake, cylinder, and extruded powders
- Metal universal meter tube with precise reference marks (eliminates the need for multiple metering units/tubes)
We like this unit and given its construction and precision of operation, the 2018 MSRP of $119.99 …Read the Rest