Posted September 7, 2018 9:00 am by Comments

By Tactical-Life

FN, FN MK 46, FN MK 46 LIGHT MACHINE GUN


FN, FN MK 48, FN MK 48 LIGHT MACHINE GUN, FN MK 48 LIGHT MACHINE GUN FIRING

FN America has been awarded a contract to produce MK 46 and MK 48 light machine guns for U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM).

FN 509 Tactical pistol, reflex sight

RELATED STORY

FIRST LOOK: The Full-Sized FN 509 Tactical 9mm Pistol Arrives

According to the contract announcement, the award is worth $13,450,000. It includes the MK 46 and MK 48 LMGs, as well as any spare parts and engineering services that may be required. This is a firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity deal.

85 percent of the work on the contract will be done at FN America’s Columbia, S.C. facility. The other 15 percent will be performed in Herstal, Belgium. The expected completion date is August of 2023. Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane is the contracting activity here.

Below, check out the specs on the 5.56x45mm NATO FN MK 46, and the 7.62x51mm NATO MK 48.

FN MK 46

  • CALIBER: 5.56x45mm NATO
  • OPERATION: Open-bolt
  • WEIGHT: 15.44 lb.
  • BARREL LENGTH: 16.3″
  • OVERALL …Read the Rest

    Source:: Tactical Life

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *