USA – -(Ammoland.com)- With regard to firearms manufacture and sales . . .
Name another consumer product where the manufacturer must get the permission of the federal government before it can begin making the product;
- where this manufacturer must be licensed by the federal government;
- where every single item produced must be accounted for, at every step of manufacture, storage, shipping, distribution, and sale;
- where every single store selling the product must seek permission from the federal government to sell the product;
- where every single store wanting to sell the product must be licensed to sell the product;
- where every single store wanting to sell the product must keep written records of every single item sold, under penalty of a felony conviction;
- where every purchase of this consumer product must be approved by the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- where theft of this consumer product from the store constitutes a federal felony;
- where the sale of the product is strictly limited by age and background of the purchaser;
- and where (by the way) all product liability and negligence laws apply (why does everyone keep forgetting this?).
And that is what the gun confiscation forces call a “completely unregulated industry.“