By Bob Owens
The Federal Bureau of Investigation wanted a news pistol to replace their Glock 22 (full-sized) and Glock 23 (compact) .40 S&W pistols. In specific they wanted the Sig Sauer P320 system, which was obvious to anyone who read their RFP.
F.B.I. Request For Proposals Requirements
First, the RFP requires manufacturers to provide a Compact, Full Size, Inert (Red Handle) Training, and Man Marker Training Pistols (Blue – Simunition), along with parts and armorer tools as needed. The firearm must be chambered in 9mm. For the most part, most major firearm manufacturers could provide all the necessary firearms and trainers.
- BARREL LENGTH – Full size must be 4.26″ to 5.20″; Compact size must be 3.75″ to 4.25″
- HEIGHT – Full size no more than 6.0″; Compact between 4.75″ to 5.6″
- MAGAZINE CAPACITY – Full size at least 16 rounds; Compact at least 14 rounds
- MAGAZINE DISCONNECT SAFETY – None allowed
- COCKING – Only by trigger pull
- TRIGGER – Firing pin/Striker fired only
- TRIGGER PULL – 4.5 lbs. to 6 lbs.
- MAGAZINE RELEASE – Laterally pushed, no levers
- MANUAL EXTERNAL SAFETY – None allowed
- DECOCKING LEVER – None allowed
- GRIP SAFETY – None allowed
- FRAME/RECEIVER – No finger grooves allowed, must have (3) sizes – small, medium, large; can be accomplished through …Read the Rest
Source:: Bearing Arms