USA – -(Ammoland.com)- Recently ATF published for public inspection a request for public comment on an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (“ANPRM”) on Bump Fire Stocks and Other Similar Devices. The ANPRM will be published officially, December 22, 2017, in the Federal Register. The public inspection document is currently available on the Federal Register’s website.
ATF anticipates issuing a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that will interpret the statutory definition of “machinegun” in the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968 to clarify whether certain devices, such as “bump fire” stocks, fall within that definition. Before issuing the NPRM, ATF is gathering information and public comment through this ANPRM regarding the nature and scope of the market for these devices.
Specifically, ATF is seeking answers to the following questions:
- Are you, or have you been, involved in the manufacturing of bump stock devices? If so:
- In what part(s) of the manufacturing process, are/were you involved?
- In what calendar years are/were you involved in the manufacturing process?
- What is the wholesale price of the bump stock devices produced by the manufacturing process with which you are involved?
- In each calendar …Read the Rest