By Bob Owens
Rep. Paul Heroux, an ostensibly pro-gun Democrat state representative from Massachusetts, is intellectually curious about all the anti-gun rhetoric he’s heard from anti-gun Democrats who have been fantasizing about repealing the Second Amendment.
He’s very clear that he doesn’t think that the Second Amendment is going anywhere, but wonders how citizens would respond to the following situations.
What Would You Do?
As a legislator and I am always interested in people’s opinions. This is a thought experiment; a hypothetical. There are no right or wrong answers.
- What would you do if all of the requirements of Article V of the Constitution were met and the Second Amendment was repealed?
- What would you do if the Second Amendment was effectively repealed by a US Supreme Court ruling that the right to bear arms does apply to an individual, but only individuals in a militia?
- If the defense of the Second Amendment rests in reference to the Constitution as it stands now, what argument would you use if the Constitution was changed to no longer protect the individual right to bear arms?
- As a law abiding gun owner, would you give up your guns?
- What do you think would happen to violent crime rates, accidental shootings and suicides?
- Would …Read the Rest
Source:: Bearing Arms