A Look at the Legal Side of Stand Your Ground and Other Questions of Self-Defense
U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- Misinformation about self-defense rights and laws is what has sparked major debate over the misapplication of lethal force in civilian communities.
Bruce Lawlor identifies the major issues in self-defense cases, and the legal approaches used to resolve them.
The result is less confusion and greater understanding of what self-defense is, and how to go about determining if a homicide is self-defense or murder.
- Demystifies the law self-defense
- Uses interesting stories, based on actual shootings, to describe situations in which self-defense was claimed
- Identifies the major issues that are present in almost every self-defense case
- Describes the main legal approaches that judges and juries use to decide what happened during a deadly confrontation
- Provides an easy to understand framework for analyzing claims of self-defense that is applicable in to all states, and adaptable to individual states
- Helps non-lawyers understand when deadly force can be used in self-defense
Self-defense is the number one reason people in the United States give for owning a firearm. Americans, or at least part of them, have decided they …Read the Rest