Arizona –-(Ammoland.com)- AZGFD encourages off-highway vehicle operators, passengers to ride safely.
With the Fourth of July weekend upon us, many Arizona residents and visitors are planning to hop on their off highway vehicle (OHV). Before hitting the trail, the Arizona Game and Fish Department reminds operators and passengers to do so safely and responsibly by following these 10 tips:
- Always wear a helmet. Whether riding in a side-by-side, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) or dirt bike, helmets are strongly recommended for all riders. However, those who are younger than18 years old are legally required to wear a Department of Transportation-approved helmet.
- Eye protection is legally required for all riders if the OHV is not equipped with a windshield.
- Wear proper clothing, including riding gloves, a long-sleeve shirt, pants and over-the-ankle boots.
- Supervise children under 16 years old. Be sure your child is riding an age-appropriate vehicle. Adult model machines may be too large and powerful for a child to safely operate. Parents are responsible for their children’s safety.
- Only ride with the number of passengers for which the machine is designed. One of the biggest causes …Read the Rest