USA -(Ammoland.com)- Have you ever been curious about what happens with a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) background check?
If so, we have the event for you! On July 25, 2017, the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division’s NICS Section will be hosting its annual Retailer Day at the CJIS Complex in Clarksburg, West Virginia, and you are invited!
A full day has been planned to provide you with information and briefings regarding several aspects of the NICS and beyond.
Some items on the agenda include:
- A demonstration of a NICS background check being processed, including eligibility determinations.
- A presentation from NICS Section managers who will discuss the unique situation experienced by both the NICS Section and the firearms industry in recent years, and what we’ve done to manage and mitigate a relentless wave of increased volume and demand.
- Immigrant and nonimmigrant information as it relates to the receipt or possession of a firearm.
- Updates provided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives on Firearm Industry Programs and the National
- Firearms Act Division.
- Legislative information provided by a Department of Justice executive.
- Information about the NICS E-Check.
The NICS Section is also planning …Read the Rest